Becipe - Recipe Blogging WordPress Theme
- Created date of Documentation: October - 18, 2020
- Latest update of Documentation: January - 13, 2022
- By: Frenify
First of all, Thank you so much for purchasing this template and for being our loyal customer. You are awesome!
This documentation is to help you regarding each step of customization. Please go through the documentation carefully to understand how this template is made and how to edit this properly.
A working version of WordPress.org must be installed before you can install the Becipe. If you need help installing WordPress, follow the WordPress Codex
Before using any theme, it is important to understand how native WordPress functions work, and how to establish ownership of your new site.
WordPress links you will find useful:
To use Becipe WordPress Theme, you must be running WordPress 4.9.5 or higher, PHP 5.6 or higher, Elementor Page Builder 3.0.11 or higher and mysql 5 or higher version. Below is a checklist of items your host needs to comply with to ensure proper Becipe operation:
- Ensure your web host has the minimum requirements to run WordPress.
- Make sure the latest version of WordPress is up and running.
- If necessary, you can download the latest release of WordPress from the official WordPress website.
There are two methods to install the theme. If the normal installation method (a) is not supported by your web host, you will have to use the alternate option (b).
a) Normal Installation
Login to WordPress Admin and browse to Appearance > Themes.
Click on the Add New Theme (or "Install Themes" tab for older versions) and click Upload.
Browse your computer to select "becipe.zip" (it's in the zip file you downloaded from ThemeForest). Click "Install Now" button.
Once it's uploaded, click the Activate link.
b) FTP Installation (alternate method)
Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
Upload the becipe folder.
Once it's uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
Click the Activate link.
Important: After activation, you will be presented with becipe-core plugin that you should activate. Do not forget to activate it or not all of the theme features will be available.
If you are migration from a theme which used the native featured images functionality of WordPress. Please use the Regenerate Thumbnails
plugin to resize all the thumbnails. Click the link above and download the free plugin, and read through the steps it contains, it has all the information you need. Run it from Tools > Regen. Thumbnails
PHP Configuration limits
Issues you may encounter, such as demo content fails when importing and similar issues, are generally related to excessively low PHP configuration limit settings. You can either increase these limits on your own, or contact your web host and ask to have the limits increased to the following minimums:
- memory_limit - 96M
- max_input_vars - 3000
- max_execution_time - 600
- post_max_size - 32M
- upload_max_filesize - 32M
- allow_url_fopen - ON
Verify your PHP limits
You can check them by installing the WordPress phpinfo() plugin and checking Settings. The first column refers to your installation value, and the second column refers to the limits of your host. The latter values are often lower if you have selected a cheaper hosting package.
You can always contact your host to ask what the current settings are, and have them adjusted if necessary. Some hosts will try to keep PHP limits low to conserve resources. Since are paying for those resources, you should rightfully expect to be getting your money’s worth.
Demo Content Import (optional)
We highly recommend against using this method in production. Please only use on an extra copy for testing or experimenting. This method most likely will fail on shared web hosts. Uncheck "import attachments" option if it fails and try again.
- Install and Activate All Required Plugins
- Go to Tools > Import > WordPress, install WordPress Importer and run it.
- Select XML file for demo(located in the main zip file in "xml" folder, called becipe-xml-file.xml) and upload XML file into the section where said: Choose a XML file for content import and click Import Demo Data.
- Please be patience as it will take quite some time. Do not interrupt it.
- Once it's done, go to Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations. Select "Main Menu" next to "Main Navigation".
- Go to Edit Menus on the same page, select "Main Menu (Main Navigation)" from menus to edit and click Select. Click to expand Features and select Mega Menu for Links under Mega Menu.
- Setup your homepage to "Main Homepage" in Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays and select A static page and choose Home Modern as homepage
- All Done.
Important: Please do not import content on a WordPress installation that already has a lot of content. Or the very least, make a backup first. A catastrophic mess can be created.
In some cases you would like to remove demo content. You can remove all posts, pages, etc using WordPress Reset plugin. Be aware that this plugin resets the WordPress database back to it's defaults. Deletes all customizations and content. It does not modify files only resets the database.
Creating home page is a simple process. Homepage is made with the help of our "FREL ELEMENTS" and "Elementor Page Builder" elements. Add any element to the page as you wish.
- Pages -> Add New
- Insert Title
- Switch to Elementor Page Builder
- Drag and Drop any Elements from FREL ELEMENTS or Elementor Elements
- Page Options - make changes as you wish
- Click the "Publish" button
After you create homepage:
- Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays
- Choose a "Static Page"
- set newly created "Home" page.
- Click "Save Changes" button
Set Blog Page
- Pages > Add New
- Insert Title
- (Required) Choose "Blog Page" from Template inside "Page Attributes" box.
- Page Options - Change these options as you wish
- Advanced Options - Change these options as you wish
- Add Featured Image (optional)
- Click the "Publish" button
Adding a new post is the same way as default WordPress installations, however, there are extra options that might need explaining.
While the theme can function without featured images, it's highly recommended that you add a featured image to each post. This not only makes your site/blog more lively but also improves user experience.
To set the featured image, use the WordPress normal method.
Recommended Image Size (for Blog Posts)
Image size (dimensions) will depend on what type of layout you're using throughout your WordPress installation or per individual post basis. This image will not only be used on the post, but also on the category listing pages.
Compatible with all layouts and default slider: 2000x2000 (width x height)
Theme comes with .po file included under the languages folder. To translate:
Download and install Poedit.
Open becipe.po file located here \wp-content\themes\becipe\languages\ using poedit tool and translate the existing text to your own
- Save the file with the locale (for example: ru_RU.po). If you have already setup WordPress in your language, you can get it from your wp-config.php file under, for example:
define('WPLANG', 'ru_RU');. In this case, you would save your file as ru_RU.po.
- Step above should have generated a .po and a .mo file. Copy both these files and put them into the languages folder of the theme.
Your Language & Localization
After translating, you may wish to use the correct locale to translate and localize your WordPress installation completely. Refer to Installing WordPress In Your Language at WordPress Codex to learn how to.
#1. How to update the theme?
- Backup and Remove the old version of the theme from your dashboard.
- Download new version of the theme from https://themeforest.net/downloads and upload it to your dashboard. Make sure that you are using latest version.
- Remove “Becipe Core” plugin. Then, it appears as required plugin at the top of your dashboard. Re-install it.
Don't worry, all Theme Options and all your content (media,pages and etc.) will be saved.
#2. How to set elementor container width?
Go to Elementor - Settings. Open Style tab and set Content Width 1280. Set padding left and padding right of child section 15px.
#3. How to rewrite recipe url?
In WP admin, Theme Options - Recipe Page. Change recipe slug.
#4. I'm having SSL (https://) problem on my website.
If you are having problem with SSL (https://), you haven’t configured your wordpress properly. Please, check below plugin to configure SSL (https://)
#5. How to set up footer widget?
- In WP admin, Theme Options - Footer - Enable/Disable Widget. Set Enable.
- Go to the “Appearance – Widgets” on your dashboard.
- Add “Text” to "Footer Widget 1".
- Add “Frenify Business Hours” to "Footer Widget 2".
- "Navigation Menu" to "Footer Widget 3".
For Navigation Menu you must have one more menu. In demo (http://frenify.com/envato/frenify/wp/becipe/1/) added two menus:
Main Menu - for desktop and mobile menus.
Helpful Menu - for Footer Widget 3
#6. I created pages but I’ve got 404 pages everywhere.
Go “Settings - Permalinks”, choose “Post Name” from Common Settings and push “Save Changes” button.
#7. How I can edit Recipe Post with Elementor Page Builder?
Go “Dashboard - Elementor - Settings - General”, enable Recipe Posts and push "Save Changes" button.
Version 1.6 – January 12, 2022
- Fixed redux framework issue on creating new recipe posts
Version 1.5 – January 11, 2022
- BIG CHANGES: Added one click demo importer
- BIG CHANGES: Added settings page
- Added new layout for recipe lists
- Fixed color and typography issues for new version of the Elementor
Version 1.4 – September 03, 2021
Version 1.3 – February 22, 2021
Version 1.2 – November 20, 2020
Version 1.1 – November 19, 2020
- Added SEO Options to Theme Options → SEO
- Fixed some issues
Version 1.0 – October 17, 2020